Bed Bug Services
Bed Bug Biology Basics
- Adults are flat, reddish brown in color, and about ¼ inch in size, (about the size of an apple seed, or lady beetle).
- Female bed bugs lay 5 – 7 eggs per week.
- Up to 500 in a lifetime. A single female can be responsible for over 30,000 offspring per year!
- Eggs hatch within 6 – 10 days and can become an adult in 35 -48 days.
- They feed on the blood of humans and some small animals.
- Mostly nocturnal and will normally feed for 3 – 10 minutes while you sleep.
- Will feed on exposed skin and will often bite in a pattern of 3 bites that can leave itchy red welts.
- Average life span is 10 – 12 months but can live between 12 – 18 months without feeding.
- Bed bugs can carry but do not transmit diseases.
- Bed bugs are extremely difficult to eliminate.
Steve’s Pest Control is proud to offer Heat Treatment and the RX Heat Treatment System for the complete elimination of bed bugs. Click here to read about Steve’s Bed Bug Heat Treatment Warranty. Rather than using merely chemical treatments that require multiple treatments, large amounts of pesticide, and a lot of preparation performed by the client, Steve’s Heat Treatment penetrates the entire area, requires only one treatment, requires little to no pesticide and has far less preparation. Best of all the problem is eliminated in one day! Heat Treatment is a newer technology that Steve’s Pest Control has been using since 2010. Heat is strategically placed throughout the treatment area until reaching a desired temperature between 125-140℉. We not only reach this temperature in the open air space but inside the walls, beneath carpet and other floor surfaces, bedding, furniture, clothing and all other contents. Powerful air movers and digital temperatures sensors are strategically placed throughout the treatment area(s) to distribute and monitor the air and its accurate temperature. Once all areas have reached 125℉ we sustain that minimum temperature for 2-4 hours. After the service has been completed will have successfully killed all eggs, nymph and adult bed bugs. Many of our technicians have completed specialized training on the RX Heat treatment system, and we’ve invested in four heat systems. We’re proud to offer this new technology to the mid-Missouri market. Our goal with the RX Heat program is total bed bug elimination. Click here to view a video about how the treatment technology works. COMMERCIAL INSPECTION PLAN For businesses such as hotels, motels, hospitals, apartments and dorms, we recommend adding a regular schedule of bed bug inspections throughout the year. These kinds of business are especially susceptible to bed bug invasion because the business hosts a relatively transient population – people come and go often. Bed bugs find new locations to invade by “hitchhiking” from one location to another on luggage, clothing and people. It’s important for businesses with transient populations to keep a regular schedule of bed bug inspections because new people are coming in constantly. Every new visitor is a potential bed bug carrier, and new invasions are possible at any time. Click here to learn more about bed bugs, and to see the Steve’s Pest Control team inspect a hotel. Click here to schedule a bed bug treatment. Click here to contact us about a bed bug inspection.